Job Title: Electrician
Location: Albrighton, West Midlands, GB, WV7 3EX
Compensation: £27,425 + Benefits.
Job ID: SF39798
About this role:
Here at Babcock International we are currently looking to recruit a qualified Electrician to join us in delivering our electrical commitments to our Customer at RAF Cosford.
This is an exciting role where you'll work within a diverse department where everyone is courteous and respectful to their colleagues, build a great working relationship on trust and honesty and be Home Safe Everyday health and safety mantra.
Offering an excellent work / life balance and a 9 day fortnight shift offering every 2nd Friday off throughout the year - dayshifts only Mon-Fri 1st week of shift pattern - then Mon-Thurs for the 2nd week of shift pattern.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a qualified Electrician to fulfil the General Engineering Section's electrical contractual obligation across two locations at RAF Cosford (prime) and RAF Shawbury (secondary).
What will you be doing?
* Carrying out ground electrical engineering works across two sites primarily RAF Cosford
* Battery charging electrical works
* Ensuring that all activities are carried out to a high standard in accordance with the appropriate technical publications and procedures.
The experience you'll bring
Formal training in Electrical Engineering. City & Guilds 2382 / NVQ level 3 or equivalent. Experience in ground support equipment and vehicle electrical systems would be desirable.
* Knowledge of maintaining lead acid and alkaline batteries advantageous but full training provided.
* BS7671 17th Edition IET Wiring Regulations additional training can be provided to 18th Edition
* You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* Hours: Flexible - full time Days (74 hours on two-week rotation) wk1 41hrs 5 days Mon - Fri, wk2 33hrs 4 days Mon - Thu
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Please visit our website to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.