Manpower are recruiting a Distribution Operator on behalf of our client in the Immingham area.
This will be a varied role ensuring all the administrative tasks are completed for one of the transport departments. The main duties will involve -
- Communicate effectively in a professional manner with all internal departments to ensure their day to day distribution requirements are fulfilled in line with the customer instructions.
- Communicate effectively, in all formats, with internal departments, reporting any discrepancies or specific requirements.
- Ensure that the Company and its representatives, operate within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements, including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment
- Arrange with approved hauliers for transport of cargo, confirm availability of equipment and ensure all customer requirements are specified and met. Confirm these arrangements by email and Control Board
- Prepare correct documentation to the Warehouse department for loading/off-loading cargo, in a timely manner. Ensure all consignments are input to TPN system and the necessary labels are produced
- Perform and correctly implement all general admin. duties associated with a Transport Office; to include debrief of drivers, downloading of tachographs and analysis of drivers hours and WTD, filing, customer service queries, PODs, cost estimating, completion of departmental KPIS, in accordance with the department's requirements
- Communicate efficiently and effectively, in all formats, with internal customers, suppliers, and other offices, as required by operational procedures
- In conjunction with others, plan collection and deliveries to meet all customer needs and requirements using the most efficient and cost-effective plan of available resource
- Communicate with drivers/hauliers/internal and external customers to ensure issues are resolved promptly
- Maintain awareness of and follow transport regulations, where relevant, to ensure departmental compliance to all statutory requirements
The ideal candidate will have experience within a relevant position, be a clear and confident communicator and have a flexible working attitude.
This position is ongoing.
We would advise a driving licence and your own transport due to the location.
If you are interested please telephone Manpower on 01472 361616 between 0800 and 1800 Monday - Friday or apply online to arrange an immediate interview