An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client, the powerhouse behind Persil, Comfort, Surf and Ben & Jerry's, are currently seeking a Customer Account Executive. This is a full-time temporary role for 12 months, 36.25 hour week, paying up to £35,000 per annum. This role will work from home until it is safe to rerun to the workplace, which will then be 2 days in office and 3 days from home.
Unfortunately, we are unable to consider candidates for this role with notice periods longer than 1 month.
Since the pandemic started, online grocery has accelerated adding over a decade's worth of growth in the last 18 months. The shift from physical stores towards online ecommerce and new related e-business models, is exploding exponentially. With today's consumers subscribing for 'convenience' delivered straight to their home; the rise of disruptive start-ups, is altering the digital commerce landscape and evolving how we work with our retailers to serve consumers. The development of new digital capabilities and skills to stay competitive in this space is business critical to continue to lead in this digitally enabled world.
The Customer Account Executive will manage the day-to-day relationship with strategically important partners and customers, mainly in the ecommerce beauty sector, building a strong working relationship with the Customer Buying team. Accountable for the long-term growth plan, you input to develop the strategy and then execute it with the full support of a cross-functional team. You will agree, execute, and track a Joint Business Plan for each partner and customer which delivers new product listings, USG, Market Share and Profitability. You will have full P&L responsibility for your area, with day-to-day contact with supply chain, internal Category, Brand and media contacts.
- Build strong and sustainable customer relationships
- Negotiate effectively with your customer, e.g. to agree trade terms, trade funding, and counterparts according to the UL strategy on your categories.
- Develop and deliver the customer strategic business plan for BPC, working closely with Category Managers, Brand teams and Amazon retail team.
- Manage promotional and non-promotional investments with the customer and ensure all agreements are properly documented and stored.
- Manage the launch of new products with customers, e.g. selling in the new product, providing samples and launch plans.
- Ensure effective online activation of media.
- Manage the customer P&L for your Partners, Customers and the overall level of customer investment
- Manage in-month NRS performance vs forecast.
- Work with the Commercial Executive to manage accruals and pricing accurately and efficiently
- S&OP Forecasting
- Business Planning, sales-, online media tracking, price claim management etc)
- Prior commercial experience and exposure to P&L, ideally previous experience within an Account Exec role
- An interest in ecommerce & the channel dynamics