We are looking for an experienced Test Manager to manage the User Acceptance Testing of a large digital project within The University of Leeds. This is a remote, 12 weeks assignment paying £19.12 per hour.
The User Acceptance Test Manager will work closely with the Delivery Team to ensure that new functionality built into the system meets our users needs and offers a good user experience. The User Acceptance Test Manager will work alongside business analysts and the project team to deliver test plans, write user test scripts and manage the user acceptance testers, responding to their queries and collating their feedback. The User Acceptance Test Manager will work closely with the developers, raising bugs and presenting to the development team where required.
Principle duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Management of User Acceptance Testing including planning, scheduling, coordination of UAT activities
- Work closely with product owners, business analysts and developers to understand stories to be tested.
- Write user test scripts ensuring all elements of the acceptance criteria in our development stories function as intended
- Manage the user acceptance testers, presenting features ready for testing and describing the process for undertaking testing, responding to any queries
- Raising bugs within JIRA (Product Backlog software) and discussing with the development team as required
- Monitor and control UAT issues and risks in coordination with the Research Delivery Digital Lead
- Conforming to agreed process standards, industry-specific regulations and data protection legislation
As User Acceptance Test Manager you will have:
- Experience of managing user acceptance testing
- Experience of digital software development in an agile process
- Able to quickly build rapport and establish strong working relationships with a range of business stakeholders at all levels
- Strong attention to detail, committed to delivering high standards
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Strong time management and self-motivation skills
- Ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines and both able to work with limited supervision and as part of a team