Location: Ruislip, Middlesex, GB, HA4 0QH
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Full Time / Permanent Position
This is your opportunity to join Babcock International effectively managing the workshop Technical staff controlling costs of Maintenance for the allocated LFB Vehicles and to ensure the provision of vehicles, in line with identified operational requirements.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a professional, customer orientated and flexible individual with excellent organisational skills who has the ability to prioritise effectively and deliver in a complex environment. You will possess excellent attention to detail, have the ability to identify and rectify mistakes and be able to build rapport and maintain relationships as well as the ability to diffuse customer conflicts.
What will you be doing?
As a Workshop Controller, you will play a key role ensuring that all vehicles are maintained in line with the Company's Maintenance Policy and to satisfy all CFOA & Operator Licensing requirements.
Your duties will include:
* Ensuring that all vehicles are maintained and serviced in accordance with pre planned schedules.
* Ensuring that vehicle ancillary equipment is maintained and tested / calibrated in line with the Customers Maintenance Policy.
* Liaising with technicians to ensure operational requirements are identified and achieved.
* Ensuring vehicle and job packs completed accurately and filed correctly within the location.
* Ensuring that all work completed on company sites by fleet suppliers is carried out in line with the Company's Health & Safety Policy.
* In conjunction with the workshop manager, drive productivity, efficiency and utilisation through the workforce.
The experience you'll bring
You will need previous workshop experience, as well as experience in a supervisory capacity.
We would also like you to have the following:
- NVQ L3 within motor skills preferred.
- Have the ability to occasionally travel and to have overnight stays in the UK.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise effectively and deliver in a complex environment.
- Able to build rapport and maintain relationships.
Lastly, you must be eligible/capable of obtaining a DBS security clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 21st January 2022