Job Title: Assistant Commercial Manager
Location: Remote with occasional travel
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF40754
This in an exciting opportunity to join Babcock International Group as an Assistant Commercial Manager. You will work within Babcock's Defence Business Unit supporting the contract maintenance and overhauling of British Army's green vehicles.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a driven and ambitious individual, with commercial experience, to work within a team of 5 looking after SPTC (Service Provision Transportation Contracts).
As Assistant Commercial Manager, you will build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders so good communication and interpersonal skills are necessary. In addition, you will have experience supporting and negotiate contracts.
As Assistant Commercial Manager, you work load will be varied so will require excellent time management and organisation skills.
What will you be doing?
As an Assistant Commercial Manager, you will play a key role liaising with customers, dealing with changes in contracts and working alongside operational colleagues to ensure performance is being achieved and to minimise any risk.
Your role as Assistant Commercial Manager will include:
- Supporting and managing commercial discussions and negotiations with customers
- Providing support and guidance to the business regarding terms and conditions, risk, pricing, and all other commercial issues as well as review and assurance of financial statements
- Supporting and/or leading change or growth opportunities across the Defence Business Unit
- Supporting and/or leading commercial projects across the Defence Business Unit
- Providing a key pro-active service to the Defence Business Unit
- Challenging and supporting lines of business and bid teams in respect of project controls, variations, risk management, progress, delivery and acceptance and cost forecasting and trade controls.
- This is a remote position however you have to be willing to travel to a Babcock Hub at least once a week, with occasional travel to base in Andover and Bristol.
The experience you'll bring
- Previous commercial experience
- Degree in Business Studies or Finance (or equivalent experience)
- An understanding of MOD and how they work, or experience within Central Government
- Willingness and ambition to learn
- Communication skills and the confidence to negotiate with internal and external stakeholders.
You must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance, which includes 5 years reference checks.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- Share ownership scheme
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 28th January 2022