Job Title: Apprenticeship Assessor - Hospitality
Location: Remote - covering the South East & East of England
Compensation: £25,958, plus mileage & benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF40933
Here at Babcock, we are hiring an Independent End-Point Assessor to support our apprenticeship assessment services in the Hospitality sector.
In this role, you will utilise your knowledge and experience in Hospitality, to assess and grade apprentices and professional learners, who have studied for a range of qualifications in this sector.
You will support a caseload of learners across your region, carrying out assessments, both on-site in the workplace, and remotely using video technology.
This is a Monday - Friday role, which will see you be completely responsible for the planning and management of your own diary, to ensure you carry out assessments effectively and efficiently, whilst maintaining a work-life balance.
Mileage expenses are paid, and a laptop, phone and other tools for the job will be provided
Who we are looking for?
We are seeking an accomplished Hospitality professional, who ideally has a broad range of experience, to include; back-of-house (kitchen / catering), front-of-house (bar / restaurant service) and housekeeping.
Ideally you will have relevant qualifications in hospitality, but this is not essential for those with significant demonstrable experience
Previous experience in a similar Apprenticeship Assessment role is highly desirable, although not essential, as full training and qualification will be provided
You will also need to be mobile with your own transport, and be a self-starter who is comfortable with planning your own diary and travel.
What will you be doing?
Your duties will include:
- Carrying out end-point assessment (EPA) activities - assessing, gathering evidence, document findings, grade learners in the workplace against both the apprenticeship standard and assessment plan for each respective occupation and complete and submit all assessment documentation timely, in line with Babcock Assessments delivery and quality assurance requirements
- Managing own diary effectively to ensure assigned learners EPA is conducted against SLAs and Assessment Plan requirements
- Providing a provisional grade to the EPA learner and employer
- Reporting all risks, issues and suspected malpractice encountered during end point assessment activities immediately
The experience you'll bring
* Extensive demonstrable experience in the Hospitality sector, ideally management level
* Self-motivated and well organised
* IT skills to include the use of Microsoft Office
* Hold a UK Driver's Licence with access to own transport
* Level 2 or equivalent in Maths & English
* Previous experience and/or qualification as an Assessor
* Formal qualifications or apprenticeship served in the Hospitality sector
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* Share ownership scheme
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.