Electrical Shift Engineer
Ashby de la Zouch - £44k, plus overtime
Are you an experienced engineer with City & Guilds or HNC in mechanical or electrical engineering?
Do you have your 18th edition and have worked on PLC's?
Can you commit to a continental, slow rotating shift pattern/panama shift?
The successful candidate will be an integral member of the engineering function providing a comprehensive electrical, mechanical and maintenance engineering service to safely sustain and improve production operating efficiencies in line with the continued growth of the business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Repair and maintenance of production and ancillary equipment, property and facilities ensuring downtime is kept to a minimum and in line with the requirements of the production process and plan
- Create PPM schedules, maintaining accurate maintenance records and completing data entry records within appropriate timescales
- Act as host for Contractors working on site ensuring that all necessary documentation is available and completed and that safe working practices are agreed prior to commencement of work
- Responding to requests from production for engineering assistance and monitoring visual management boards to ensure flagged items are dealt with
- Working with the production teams to improve their knowledge of the equipment and ability to quickly identify problems and resolve where appropriate, or refer
- Follow policies and procedures in conjunction with the food quality management system and retailer-specific technical standards
Ideally you will have experience on the following:
- Bagging machines
- Multi head weighers/check weighers
- Pick and Place robots
- Automated case packing machinery
- Industrial oil frying machines
- City & Guilds or HNC in mechanical or electrical engineering would be advantageous but experience will be given priority
- 18th edition electrical certification
- Demonstrable experience gained within a food manufacturing environment
- Previous experience working with PLC's
Don't delay, apply today to find out more!