Delivery Driver/ Postal Walker
Looking for a rewording job, working outdoors? This is your opportunity to have a real impact, in the heart of your community, while working for one of the UK's most well-loved brands.
Location: Holloway N7 9HH
Contract: Temporary that could become Permanent
Shift: Monday to Saturday
Hourly Rate: £14.70
About the role
Much of your day will be spent walking/driving and delivering mail and parcels to residential addresses and businesses. You will be given a hand-held computer device to capture customer signatures for deliveries.
- Upbeat and self-motivated: You'll be happy working solo as well as part of a team.
- Love of the outdoors: From rural farms to city apartments, corner shops to business parks, whatever the weather (and, this being Britain, it can get quite extreme) we're there, six days a week. That means you'll need to be happy being out and about.
- Good level of fitness: There's up to six hours per day of walking, so you should relish a role that keeps you fit.
- Excellent organisation: You will need to be able to plan your round and make sure you complete all your deliveries in good time.
- Resilience: You will be able to work under pressure and with the public, acting as a friendly face that people know and trust.
- Flexibility: You will be working in different areas covering your colleagues' holidays, so you might need to adjust your working hours to match your round.
Driving licence requirements
A full UK manual driving licence (in your current UK address), with no more than six penalty points is essential, but a clean licence is preferred. Please note you will be required to show this at assessment.