Job Title: Senior Data Engineer
Location: Remote working with some travel to our Wigmore Street office - W1U 1QX
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF41145
This is your opportunity to join Babcock international working as part of the Data Engineering Team within Information Exploitation and Innovation (Babcock Corporate Services) reporting directly to the Head of Data Engineering.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a flexible, hard-working and thorough individual with well-developed communication and presentation skills as well as aptitude to work collaboratively across IT and non IT departments. You will be comfortable working within a large team of Data Engineers, working alongside Dashboard Developers, Testers, Analysts, Project Managers and Solution Managers throughout the software development life cycle, following agile principles.
What will you be doing?
As a Senior Data Engineer you will play a key role in the design and development of data extract, transforming and loading applications plus supporting of the Babcock Data Platforms. Should you have an interest to be involved in the front end aspects of BI/Analytics, e.g. models & visualisations, we would hope to be able to provide opportunities within this area as well.
Your duties will include:
* Supporting the development and delivery of high-quality corporate data assets using the Babcock Corporate toolsets
* Gathering requirements for new data sets and implement solutions that address them
* Working with IT and business stakeholders to identify and define the business problems and business case and be able to express the context of the change within the business strategy and BI Roadmap
* Using your investigative nature and problem solving skills to understand how data and technology drives business forward and innovate new ways that enable competitive advantage
* Providing guidance across the stakeholder community and work with the Principle Data Engineers to ensure all solutions are fit for purpose, deliver business value and benefit from corporate programmes
* Coordinating the definition, evaluation and agreement of the business solution options in collaboration with the BI Architect and BI Technical Leads
The experience you'll bring
* You must have or have the ability to obtain SC security clearance
* Demonstrable experience working with SQL Server, Business Intelligence Stack, including SSIS and SSAS is essential
* Strong commercial BI administration & development experience in a fast-paced environment is essential
* Experience with analysing reporting performance issues and recommending tuning improvements is essential
* Significant experience of gathering and documenting high quality business requirements, interacting with business stakeholders through workshops, meetings, and written communication is essential
* Proven experience of working closely with business stakeholders and IT teams to deliver robust and efficient solutions is essential
* MCSA and MCSE is desirable
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 26th January 2022