Our international client based in Felling Gateshead are looking for a Quality Technician
to join their busy team ensuring the quality control of all raw materials and finished goods in the Felling operation.
Hours - Monday to Friday 38 hours 6am to 2pm - 2pm to 10pm
Hourly rate - £15.94 per hour + £82.19 per week shift allowance
Duration - 6 months initially
- Work as a key member of the Felling QC team to ensure appropriate raw material and finished goods testing is fully completed to identify potential batch issues.
- Ensure that production can run effectively by testing both manufacturing and filling samples as quickly as possible and communicating the results. Highlight issues to factory technical and production immediately and work with them to investigate and propose solutions.
- Testing of raw materials. Communicate all potential issues/delays immediately to the Quality Control Manager, Goods Inward and MSD departments. Liaise with Quality Control Manager to resolve issues.
- Release all raw materials and Finished Goods on SAP on the day they are passed. Record the results and complete all relevant paperwork to ensure trace-ability.
- Support customer certificate of analysis requests
- Participate in external audits e.g. ISO9001, AQCPA, MED etc and ensure the processes in place are followed for full compliance.
- Undertake product and raw material and product shelf life testing as and when requested.
- Undertake retain investigation to support complaint investigations and report the findings.
- Assist factory technical with the continuous improvement of finished goods and raw material testing.
- Undertake weekly housekeeping and be an active member of the team.
- Undertake organic vapour testing
- 2 year's experience of working in paint, coatings, or manufacturing environment - laboratory based would be advantageous
- Desirable - some prior knowledge of resins/chemicals/coatings is advantageous
- Essential to have QC experience, 3 years is desirable
- Weekly pay
- 33 days holiday accrual including Bank Holidays
- Discounted family days
- Company Pension contributions