Do you have experience of providing Executive PA support? Are you looking for a challenging role which enables you to work across a diverse range of activities and with a variety of people? Can you work independently and proactively?
We have an exciting opportunity to join The University of Leeds, this is a temporary full time role paying £12.67 per hour.
As a Personal Assistant in the Faculty Office you will be supporting members of the Faculty Executive and working in a team of PA's to support the activities of the Faculty of Medicine and Health.
Experience of providing proactive high level PA support in a busy office environment is essential. You will have also have the ability to work collaboratively within a team and ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues at all levels.
As a Personal Assistant your main duties will include:
- Providing effective PA support for the Faculty Executive members, proactive diary management in line with priorities;
- Develop contacts and build effective working relationships with a variety of colleagues, and the offices of senior staff across a variety of organisations, to ensure effective coordination of information and activity;
- Develop an understanding and oversight of the activity of the Faculty Executive members who you will be supporting;
- Proactively and professionally responding to all enquiries;
- Dealing with correspondence including email, and in the absence of the Faculty Executive member, use judgement in holding, forwarding or referring elsewhere or responding on behalf of, using discretion and judgement to handle urgent matters;
- Acting as Secretary as required, through responsibility for scheduling meetings, preparation of agendas, minutes and circulation of papers. Ensure the Faculty Executive members are fully briefed for all meetings;
- Planning overseas itineraries, booking travel and accommodation, ensuring the most effective use of time and money;
- Working effectively with information of a confidential and sensitive nature;
- Be an active member of the Faculty PA Team, contributing to the development of systems and processes and cross covering when needed.
As a Personal Assistant you will have:
- Significant previous experience of providing proactive senior PA support, working in a busy demanding office environment;
- Experience of complex electronic diary management and scheduling Microsoft TEAMS / Zoom meetings;
- Experience of organising and supporting meetings and events (including drafting agendas, minutes and reports etc.) that require complex arrangements;
- Excellent team working skills with the ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively;
- Ability to exercise a high degree of initiative and work independently without direct supervision;
- Excellent prioritisation and organisational skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communications with ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues at all levels;