We are currently looking to recruit a Machinist for our clients Central Engineering Shops at our Llanwern site.
Within the role, you will perform the duties for a machinist. You will machine components to engineering drawings and plant equipment from works areas and ensures all tolerances and specifications are met and work to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
The candidate of this role will be responsible for carrying out the machining of various sized components to a high degree of tolerance and high specifications using all machine shop based equipment and techniques including centre lathes, horizontal borers, milling machines, elga mills, pillar drills, vertical borers, grinding. Materials used all ranges of steels, alloys, brass and cast irons.
In order to be considered for this role, applicants will possess the following skills and attributes:
- The jobholder must have worked within a mechanical manufacturing environmnt,
- Must have experience of working within a safe system of work
- Any safety accredited course would be advantageous (E.G. IOSH or NEBOSH)
- NVQ level 3 qualification in mechanical engineering
- Write risk assessments and safe working procedures before carrying out tasks.
- QA system Knowledge and worked within credited ISO 9001 company
- Candidates should be experienced in the manual operation of lathes, boring, grinding and milling machines.
- Be capable of interpreting technical drawings and standards,
- Be able to complete manual tasks up to 25kg in weight
- To work with COSHH regulations and have knowledge of substances working with them correctly
- Advantageous to drive forklift trucks from 1.8 tonne to 12 tonne
- Advantageous to operate a mobile elevated working platform.
Hours of work
Monday to Friday
8am - 4pm
Overtime available paid at x1.5 and Double Time
Interested? Please call Carla on 01656 657231.