An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Procurement Assistant Manager to join our client, a leading global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum, based at their prestigious facility in Port Sunlight to work a minimum of 2 days per week onsite. This is a full-time temporary role to start ASAP to last until June 2023 working a 37.5-hour week. This role is paying up to £34,400 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
The role of Procurement Assistant Manager in Fine chemicals will involve the professional sourcing of Fine Chemicals (preservatives and sunscreens) whilst meeting the specified needs of the business of Service and Cost. It will also involve building and developing sustainable partnerships through innovative value creation.
- Flawless administration of global contract lifecycle ensuring 100% coverage of contracts on time in full.
- Management of the RFQ process including RFQ preparation, data and market intelligence gathering, participating in the negotiation if appropriate and in-depth analysis of submissions.
- Price forecasting under the guidance of the Procurement Manager.
- To handle supply/operational issues to avoid potential service issues.
- Effective communication & business partnering when interacting with the other functional areas (e.g., R&D / Markets / Category).
- Managing contracting through to supplier signature
- Managing the Request for Pricing process
- Price forecasting
- Managing supply issues
What we expect you to be / have:
Top 3 candidate must haves:
- At least 2-4 years' experience in Procurement, Supply Management, or relevant experience in R&D
- Experience of working within complex and virtual teams.
- Analytical rigour
- Required languages English
- Required technical skills Data analysis, fully operational in use of Excel to intermediate level, SAP or similar systems and versatile in use of different company systems
- Project management
- Strong negotiator, stakeholder management, bias for action
- Qualifications University degree desirable but not essential
- Strong Collaborator, Proven record in problem solving, effective communicator