An exciting opportunity has arisen in Luton for a Senior Production Planner to join our leading global wholesale distributor client. This is a temporary role for 6 months paying £15.60 per hour working Monday - Thursday 8am - 4.30pm and Friday 8am - 1pm.
**A Drug Screening will be conducted on all successful candidates**
Be part of a team where you will use your knowledge and background in finding innovative, cost-effective means to improve production control output and continuous improvements working with Operations, Engineering, Operations AME and Sourcing. You will partner with the factory operations in providing direction that ensures product is coordinated, monitored and completes the production cycle according to schedule.
* Establish production schedules
* Capacity requirement review
* Labor load review
* Material availability review
* Review engineering plans
* Continuous improvement plans
* Interacts with factory floor
* Escalates identified risks
* Data analysis overviews
* Some prior experience in production planning.
* Degree of creativity and latitude.
* Able to make decisions using data provided
* Proficient knowledge of basic computer skills .
* Associates or Bachelors Degree preferred.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* MPS Management based on demand plan
* Demand Planners & sales communication
* Sales order scheduling and re-scheduling
* Communication to scheduler and OM
* SIOP Supply Planning - RCCP
* Customer Service communication
* PBOM and planning master data management
* ATP manage Lead times and ATP MDM
* Pull in mechanism/prioritization
* NPI/ ENGR interface
* MPS attainment and reporting
Further support required below;
* Work order release & WO monitoring
* Short term capacity and material availability
* Past Due WO management
* BNS (Built not shipped)
* Daily production attainment & production Mtg