Job Title: Airfield Support Equipment Team Leader
Location: Holyhead, Anglesey, GB, LL65 3NY
Compensation: £34706.79 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity to work for a leading Aerospace and Defence organisation based at Royal Air Force Valley.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an ASE Team Leader to be the central point of contact for the ASE department and coordinate the overall distribution, operation and maintenance of ASE equipment. You'll empower your senior supervisors to drive completion of all scheduled and emergent maintenance activities safely and in accordance with MAM-P and JAP100E-10 regulatory requirements.
What will you be doing?
* Ensure resource is appropriately assigned to maintenance tasks so that activities are completed safely and in line with approved maintenance data.
* Ensure shift leaders are accountable for output of asset maintenance, demand management and fault reporting.
* Ensure all training and development requirements are requested in line with regulatory requirements and staff appraisals.
* Maintaining communication with support bay's management regarding priority maintenance, emerging issues and ongoing mitigations to regulatory procedures.
* Communicating to military and civilian stakeholders regarding operational equipment maintenance requirements
* Coordinate the management of leave, updating of leave management databases and completion of department timesheets and overtime submissions
The experience you'll bring
* Extensive mechanical/electrical plant maintenance experience in a relevant industrial or military setting.
* Considerable supervisory experience leading maintenance teams
* Minimum technical training in an Engineering related discipline to City & Guilds 2675 Level 3/NVQ BTEC Level 3 or equivalent
* Completion of leadership and management training such as TMT, NVQ/BTEC - Leadership and Management Level ¾ or equivalent.
* Quality and Air Safety Management Systems Training
* GCSE maths & English
You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 23/01/2022