Job Title: IT Customer Support Specialist
Location: RAF Cranwell, Sleaford. NG34 8HB
Compensation: Salary + Competitive + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID SF41247
Here at Babcock we are looking for an IT Customer Support Specialist to provide the day to day interface between Babcock, the customer and Babcock's internal IT provider at their nominated site. The role will also act as the escalation point for all issues of an IT nature.
This role is a critical component in the support of training delivery on behalf of the contract. This includes overall responsibility for the management of the training environment which entails student/instructor inductions, presentations and resources to support the flying training programme such as tablets, arranging classrooms, classroom set ups, electronic flight bag configurations including chart updates.
The role requires the individual to work within a small team with additional support provided from the ICT Operations Manager, ICT Business Partner and other Babcock support functions as required.
* Provide ICT support for all military and Ascent personnel
* Escalation point for local site MFTS ICT operational issues and flying training events
* On site assistance and local workarounds to deter contract penalties and service credits
* Assist with the delivery of equipment/systems that fall outside of BIS/Picasso responsibility
* Preparation of students UADs and conduct student inductions
* Classroom set up involving configuring desks, hardware and liaising with training staff to ensure optimum training environment
* Manage and prepare all assets required for deployment by Ascent
* Asset Management of contract specific assets including hardware and user accounts
* Periodically carry out LTA audits to ensure contractual and governance compliance
* 2nd Line fault diagnosis and incident management to agreed standards and SLAs within the UKMFTS Contract
* Assist with all technical refresh planning to ensure minimal interruption to service delivery
* Ensure compliance with Babcock and the Customers regulations and procedures
* Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times.
* The nature of the Babcock business requires a high degree of flexibility for all staff; there may be a requirement for regular travel between MFTS sites within the UK
* May be required to participate in and support a rostered callout arrangement on a rotational basis
* Work with a service desk tool to ensure requests are logged, updated and closed to agreed SLA's
* Support the Service Desk when required to ensure call answering SLA is met
What do I need to do the role?
Technical Experience & Qualifications:
* Good overall understanding of IT (Strategy, Road maps, Products, Projects, Services, Processes, Applications, Infrastructure & Data) and its relationship to the business
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to influence perceptions
* Ability to build effective relationships both internally and with the customer.
* Must hold a full UK Driving Licence
* Understanding of the Flying Training Environment and Programme
* ITIL Foundation Certification
* Good commercial awareness - considers the commercial impact of all decisions
* Demonstrates a knowledge and application of strong communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to influence perceptions
* Demonstrates the ability to build effective relationships both internally and with the customer.
* Demonstrates a good commercial awareness around decision making regards to additional requests from the customer.
* Demonstrate excellent time management skills when handling several tasks at the same time.
What else do I need to know?
* All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage
* Applicants must meet ITAR Trade Control requirements
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online using PC, Laptop or Mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.