Senior Engineer - Trim Development.
Warwickshire (M40 corridor).
Flexible working available.
As one of the most prestigious brands in the world, my client is a manufacturer of high-end vehicles and has a British heritage spanning over a century. With their headquarters in Warwickshire, their iconic range of vehicles are the dreams of many and sold from 160 dealerships in 53 countries.
With a new leadership team and strategic expansion plans, a number of opportunities have arisen within their organisation and they are now looking for a talented Senior Engineer, to join their Trim Development team - who are responsible for supporting interior and exterior engineering teams in the development of appropriate materials and finishes to meet design aspirations. Does this sound like the type of company that can offer you an exciting next step of your career?
Working within a 'close knit' team of Engineers and Designers, the core responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Supporting the trim development project engineers and trim strategy development.
- Supporting trim development schedules and workload planning.
- Providing concept validation feedback to design and project engineering.
- Development of production trim covers (hard and soft trim).
- Liaising with the manufacturing team, to ensure production buy in and approval of new designs.
- Production process development to ensure repeatability.
- Resolution of open issues, arising from production builds and testing.
- Production of master trim patterns.
- Creation of initial trim cover bill of materials.
- Production support as / when required.
In an ideal world, my client would like to find someone from a high-end automotive background, who possesses solid trimming experience and a deep understanding of trim development processes; working with a variety of materials, adhesives and bondings. The right person for this role will also be competent working with sewing machines and have the ability to use different types of sew seams. A knowledge of pattern digitisation process and equipment is also required.
In return, my client is offering a competitive salary, plus annual performance bonus, for this permanent role. An excellent remuneration package also includes access to car leasing schemes, private medical cover and 26 days holiday per year, plus Bank holidays.
The company are easily accessible from Gaydon, Warwick, Coventry, Birmingham, Banbury and the surrounding areas and the area offers sensibly priced accommodation and a variety of lifestyle options to suite every taste.
If this Senior Engineer role is of interest to you, please apply online.