Manpower is currently recruiting for a Band 6 Space and Property Manager on a 6-month assignment to lead the Estates Property Management function to ensure that the property assets of the Trust and SLA clients are effectively managed to reduce property costs, increase revenues, and maximise disposal receipts whilst contributing to the Trusts continued goals to increase efficiency and reduced cost on an ongoing annual basis. The role holder shall have responsibility for all property and space management issues including providing advice on landlord and tenant obligations and support the preparation of the Trust's Estates Strategy based at Great Western Hospital.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
Annually update formal agreements for OccupationMaintain and update Estates DatabaseCompile an Estates strategy and review at regular intervals reflecting service changesMaintain records of deeds, plans, legal documents, and archive information relating to Trust and client organisation's properties.Assist with rating issues including providing information to enable assessments and appeals.Manage the tendering process for consultants including documentation, writing specifications, analysing, and evaluating tenders, making recommendations to Trust Management and SLA clients and amending of contracts in accordance with SFI's.Manage and maintain estate databases (terriers) for the Trust and clients covering all properties.
- Act as key contact for specified Trust clients for all Property Management issues with support from operational colleagues
- Manage and co-ordinate the process of collecting, collating, inputting, and verifying information for central returns, ensuring all providers of information work to deadlines.
- Produce Benchmarking information for the Trust and SLA clients. Analyse information and identify areas of service for further investigation.
- To provide an effective service on estate related issues in accordance with Estatecode and Trusts Standing Financial Instructions including: -
- Liaise with and commission / instruct solicitors on a range of estate issues.
- Commission / instruct consultants monitor progress and authorise payment in accordance with SFI's and Estate Code.
- To attend and participate if required in, Safety Monitoring Committee Meetings. Weekly Team Meetings, Business Continuity Meetings, Civil Contingencies Act, Budget Meetings and Capital Meetings.
- To undertake other duties in maintaining an estate service to the Trust as may be required from time to time, by the Director of Estates & Facilities.
- Participate in the implementation and management of the Estates Information Technology Strategy.
- Lead on the creation of a space management database, ensuring that the estate is accurately recorded, maintained, and kept up to date.
- Management of all space related moves across the Trust, reporting to SUG for direction and liaising with divisional leadership where appropriate.
- Management of the implementation of space moves, securing resource where required.
- To be responsible for compilation of information of the physical assets across the Trust's property portfolio. Including specialist technical information on fire, legionella, asbestos etc. for all buildings occupied by Trust staff, patients, and relatives.
- To be responsible for the delivery of a variety of property management projects including acquisitions, leases, licenses, and multiple property negotiations on behalf of the Trust and associated organisations.
- To manage undertaking of surveys of all Trust premises, owned, leased, rented, and occupied by virtual SLA's or otherwise to continue to update the Trust's property database as to occupancy.
- To manage reviews of leases / rental agreements to ensure they are up to date & demonstrate value for money and to advise the Director of EFM of any financial or other managerial implications which exist and make recommendations.
- Communicate effectively and in a timely manner with all levels within the organisation particularly relating to complex legal documentation and information at CEO/Doff level prior to signing off on leases, contracts etc
- Responsible for advising on the Trust's obligations and liabilities under Deeds, Leases, Licenses and finally issuing instructions to the Trust's appointed Solicitors, Consultants and Agents in connection with property transactions and other property related matters and for ensuring that the Trust's interests are fully protected.
- To work with partner organisations across the local healthcare system to provide collaborative solutions to space & property matters.
- To lead on the creation & review of all space & property related policies.
- Not applicable - this is not a post with responsibilities for direct Patient care
- All staff will support their managers to make efficient and effective use of resources. All staff are responsible for identifying any actual or potential deviation from budgets and are to work with the budget holder or manager to find effective ways of handling it.
- All staff must ensure they use resources in a manner consistent with organisational objectives and policies, ensuring that resources are realistic, justified and of clear benefit to the organisation.
- As a Budget Holder/Manager you are responsible for the co-ordination, monitoring, and review of the use of financial resources within your budget.
- The Management of Financial Resources is relevant to all areas of work in the Hospitals financial management takes place throughout the service. Financial Resources includes money and finance as well as the financial value of other resources such as people, equipment, material etc.
Responsibilities for People or Training
- Not applicable - this is not a post with responsibilities for staff or training.
- The post holder will be expected to hold a current Driving Licence and be prepared to travel to properties owned by or leased to the Trust.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience for this role, please apply today.