Job Title: Mechanical Fitter (Marine Engineering)
Location - Faslane, Helensburgh, GB, G84 8HL
Business Unit - Clyde
Role Type: Full Time Permanent
Role ID: SF37039
Here at Babcock International we are looking to recruit Marine Engineering Mechanical Fitters to join our Fleet Engineering department.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for experienced Mechanical Fitters to carry out maintenance and repair on board submarines and in workshop environments. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate attention to detail and a focus on producing high-quality work to meet rigorous acceptance standards. You will work within a team which is responsible for carrying out planned and reactive maintenance, testing and commissioning activities on specialist high pressure / low pressure air systems and hydraulic systems. You will have excellent team working and interpersonal skills.
What will you be doing?
- Working on board submarines and in workshop environments, you will carry out scheduled maintenance and will diagnose and repair mechanical faults
- You will ensure that all activities are undertaken in accordance with departmental procedures and Health & Safety legislation.
- You must be comfortable working in confined spaces.
The Experience you'll bring
- Experience in Mechanical Fitter roles, preferably gained within a Marine Engineering environment
- Experience working with high pressure / low pressure air systems and hydraulic systems
- Recognised Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship qualified to SVQ Level 3 (or NVQ and C&G equivalent).
- Experience of repairing and maintaining complex valve systems, Submarine / Ship tag-out and operating procedures, maintenance technical instructions, nuclear procedures and acceptance standards
- Experience of Maintenance Procedures, Risk, and COSHH assessments and Safe Systems of Work.
- Must be able to satisfy SC secutity clearance
What else do I need to know?
This role is based at HM Naval Base Clyde, located 6 miles north of Helensburgh in the West of Scotland. We are well placed for commuter links to Glasgow and the wider region, with easy access for car and public transport.
The working hours for this role are a standard 4.5 day week, Monday to Thursday 08:05 - 16:45 and Friday 08:05 - 12:05.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Share Ownership Scheme
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
HM Naval Base Clyde is located 6 miles north of Helensburgh in the West of Scotland. We are well placed for commuter links to Glasgow and the wider region, but it is recommended for employees to travel by car due to the location.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.