Manpower currently have several opportunities for Coin Processors to join a prestige organisation based in Coventry. As a Coin Processor, you will be at the very heart of their operation. Your primary responsibility will be the processing and supply of coins to fulfil customer requirements. Due to the nature of the industry in which they operate, you will need to be confident working to stringent procedures within a highly regulated environment. This will ensure that their service remains superior and that their customers' requirements are met with optimum efficiency
- Meet or exceed personal and team productivity targets.
- Carry out any other duties that are deemed reasonable.
- Undertake training activities as required.
- Operate in receipt and dispatch function, dealing with both internal and/or external customers, including responsibility for accurate loading/unloading
- Ensure Standard and Local Operating Procedures are adhered to at all times.
- The packing by hand of bulk and part coin orders by delivery route into appropriate cages and crates and securing and sealing.
- Check and weigh in bulk coin from financial institutions and other Coin Centres, investigate weight differences and where appropriate raise any unresolved discrepancies to management.
- Ensure 5S standards are consistently reviewed and adhered to.
- Use of Viper track and trace system to ensure integrity of audit trail.
- Use powered mechanical handling equipment (MHE) to facilitate movement of bulk coin.
- Order picking and checking of work from each Financial Institution in line with company procedures.
- Operation of automated coin sachet and counting equipment, including first line maintenance, ensuring the required throughput targets are achieved to produce bagged coin.
- Maintaining balance of coin stock by Financial Institution through daily balancing, including the use of working cage forms, and daily checks of cage integrity and labelling.
- Coin depositing by Financial Institution through the appropriate cash management computer system; identifying discrepancies and escalating to line management.
- Ensure all working cages are secured at the end of shift.
- Ensure all company security procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Observe all Health & Safety requirements whilst within the coin centre.
- Complete necessary paperwork and/or the appropriate cash management systems accurately within the department.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Ability to follow laid down company procedures/instructions.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Flexible and helpful.
- Focused on delivery of customer service.
- Effective communication skills at all levels.
- Basic IT competence.
- Able to work as part of a team player.
- Previous cash handling experience.
- Security conscious.
- Ability to work in a security confined environment.
- Licensed in the use of powered machinery (or able to obtain licence).
- Able to work with volume counting machinery.
We also have some specific security criteria that you will need to meet:
- You must be able to pass a criminal record check as well as a personal credit and ID check.
- You must also have a 5-year employment/unemployment/educational history that we can check and verify.
- You will need to be prepared to undergo airport style searches when entering and leaving our premises and be comfortable working within a secure, confined and highly regulated environment.
This a temporary position with a possibility of leading to a permanent role, working rotating shifts 05.30am - 2pm and 12.30pm - 9pm Monday - Friday paying £9.96 per hour