An opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client is currently looking to recruit a Rework Operator for their Trafford Park site. This is a full-time, Mon-Fri assignment working afternoon ('late') shifts, 1.50pm-10pm, with a 9pm finish on Fridays. This role is for 6 months. The hourly rate is £10.79ph for Mon-Fri shifts and £13.19ph for weekend overtime shifts.
You will be responsible for transforming damaged product from the production lines into good product to send out to our customers. There are 4 main types of rework activity and you will be trained in each of the following areas:Rip & Tip - separating out cardboard, overwrap, shrink-wrap and tea bags into the correct recycling bins, ensuring tea is placed in a correctly labelled shreddings bag to be reprocessed on site into good teaOutsort - sorting out good boxes of tea to create a pallet of good product to send out to customers and rip & tip any unusable boxes of teaWeight Check - weighing each box of tea to ensure it means the legal weight requirements. All boxes that meet the requirements are to be placed on a good pallet to send to customers and all underweight boxes are to be ripped & tippedReprocessing - placing good product back through the production lines to be overwrapped/shrink-wrapped/re-lasered and then sent out to the customer
- Achieving the weekly rework plan by hitting daily targets set for number of pallets to be reworked
- Recording all rework activity on the rework plan and rework handover book to ensure good communication between shifts and the Rework Manager
- Be able to work independently and as part of the wider Rework Team
- Attention to detail when reading and carrying out specific rework instructions
- Upholding Safety and Quality standards always when carrying out Rework activities
- Applicant must be a committed team worker with a strong sense of responsibility and good attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills and an agile mind.
PREFERRED / DESIRABLE:
- Experience of industries such as hospitality, high volume packaging, FMCG is desirable but not essential.
- IT Skills - competent in the use of Microsoft Office; Excel and Word programmes is preferred.
Other Requirements: Must be able to accommodate factory shutdowns, training courses, etc.
Professional Qualifications: National school leaver qualifications in Reading and Comprehension, Writing and Mathematics. This will support recording of data and general teamwork skills with emphasis on good communication.