Call Handler (111/999)
Area: We are recruiting for both Chelmsford and Norwich call centres
Hourly Rate : £10.40, with shift allowance for Nights, Weekends, Sundays and Bank holidays
Want to join our army of life savers?
We are looking for people with excellent listening skills, questioning and problem solving ability in order to carefully assess patient needs under significant pressurised circumstances. It is a very rewarding role, and you will be challenged by facing different situations every shift. While not every call we deal with is a life threatening emergency, our Health Advisors triage calls through a medical assessment tool and advise of the most appropriate level of care for the patient. This could range from an ambulance, a GP appointment, or a dentist as well as many other health care options. You don't need to have any medical knowledge as full training will be provided.
What we need from you:
- Have 4 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades A-C (including English) or higher and Experience of call answering in an extremely busy or stressful environment.
- be a good communicator with an excellent telephone manner
- be able to work calmly and under pressure
- Be resilient and able to handle potentially distressing calls.
- be computer literate including in MS Office packages
As part of the full screening process we will ask you to complete an Enhanced DBS and will look to obtain 3 years references
Our client operate on a 24/7/365 service please be aware that you will be expected to work Bank Holidays including Christmas, rotational patterns are planned approx. 4-6 weeks prior