Our client, one of the UK's leading Energy providers is looking to recruit an experienced Resource Analyst who will be able to develop and maintain accurate reporting, as well as providing data to support the resource strategy development including supply and demand scenarios and forecasting. The Resource Analyst will lead the reporting of meaningful people analytics for the function.
Resource planning is a key area of continued focus for our clients Generation business. Plans help to ensure that the right skills are developed and in place to meet future resource demand. The role will support the reporting of meaningful people analytics and future forecasting this means the post holder will need to manage changing demands and sometimes deal with conflicting priorities.
The role holder will need to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, specifically HR Business Partners, Employee Services and HR Centre of Excellence, in order to ensure an integrated approach.
- Compile monthly Resourcing reports across the Generation Business to feed into Exec reports providing oversight of performance against plan
- Maintain, support and manage planning models and processes for meaningful, reliable people analytics including reporting, management information and trending
- Lead the completion of operational reporting and forecasting activities in relation to resources reliably, accurately and timely across the fleet
- Develop frameworks for strategic plans ensuring their accurate and timely completion are in line with business strategy and market conditions
- Analyse supply and demand components across operational and strategic time horizons identifying areas of risk and opportunity
- Interpret outcomes from reports and analysis, providing trending information, analysing market factors and providing insights and recommendations
- Develop reports and analytics through continuous improvement of methodologies, models and processes
- Contribute to strategic discussions that affect resource planning and people metrics to aid decision making.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Advanced Excel data manipulation and analysis skills
- Strong computer literacy, particularly MS Office packages
- Strong numerical competency
- The ability to explain complex concepts and problems in simple terms with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Proven aptitude for statistical analysis / modelling
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to develop strong internal relationships and interact at all levels
- SAP (Financial or people)
- Ability to demonstrate conceptual, innovative thinking in forecasting and workforce planning methods and techniques
- Ability to create reports with high impact
- Preparation of presentations for board level audience
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience of working within an analytical team in a commercial setting
- Experience of reporting and forecasting across a complex, multidisciplinary function
- Strong track record of accuracy and stakeholder engagement
- Experience of working in an environment requiring self motivation, flexibility and responsiveness to business need
- Some exposure to resource analytics
- In-depth experience of workforce or resource analytics
- Behavioural Competences - Key behavioural competences should be defined based on the 4i's and for Nuclear Operations the behaviours for success.
- Intolerant of gaps to excellence - problems are identified and fixed
- Thinks through risks, uses experience and learning and acts using their own judgement
- Resolves issues and takes action at the lowest level possible
- Holds themselves accountable and takes personal ownership
Please note; if successful you will be employed by Manpower working on a temporary ongoing basis with scope for extension. Our client are operating a Hybrid working model, therefore the need to be onsite a number of days a week is essential but there is scope to WFH. You will be expected to undertake a drugs and alcohol test as well as be security checked to BPSS and CTC Level.
Key Benefits working with Manpower:
- 36 days holiday accrual (pro-rata) including bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Access to client facilities onsite
- Access to Manpower's online training platform 'powerYOU', giving you access to hundreds of online training courses
- Opportunity to be selected for additional upskilling and career support through Manpower's MyPath programme
- Dedicated Manpower Account Specialist to provide support during your assignment
This role is managed by our Manpower on-site team and not related to the Bristol office - PLEASE DO NOT CALL BRISTOL OFFICE REGARDING THIS ROLE - if you have not heard from Manpower within 10 business days of submitting your application then unfortunately your application has not been shortlisted at this time.