Location -Ashchurch, Gloucestershire, GB, GL20 8LZ
Business Unit - DSG
Full time permanent
Here at Babcock International we are looking to recruit an Armaments Specialist within our DSG business unit. Babcock DSG provide storage, maintenance, repair and overhaul of military vehicles and equipment. It plays a key role in ensuring that the Army is able to train and be ready to deploy.
As an Armaments Specialist you will be responsible for Inspection, servicing, repair, overhaul and conditioning of Armament, Ordnance and Weapon mountings, sight systems and general equipment including diagnostic inspection and examination duties.
You'll also be involved with the manufacture of miscellaneous items, carrying out equipment examination and processing all documentation required.
Another aspect of the role would be to service, repair, diagnose, inspect and re-furbish of tracked and wheeled military vehicles and mechanical equipment associated with military use.
As well as working on some of the most high-profile projects in the UK we also offer a supportive work environment where innovation is at the heart of what we do.
Who we are looking for?
We'd like you to have working knowledge of heavy weapons service and repair such as Light Gun, AS90 or Challenger 2. You'll have the ability to use your own initiative, offer solutions to problems and have a strong team work ethic.
What will you be doing?
* Be responsible and accountable for the quality of own work by signature at inspection, and the completion of associated documentation in support of inspection/repair (including Failure reports, weapons examination documentation and inspection reports).
* Maintain service and repair up to level 4 overhaul of 105mm Light Gun.
* Maintain weapon hydraulic/pneumatic systems.
* Carry out maintenance inspections on armament equipment.
* Carry out Examination of Ordnance.
* Perform Basic engineering skills including fabrication and repair of weapon components, carry out general manufacture and repair tasks.
The experience you'll bring
* Attained at least one of the following minimum academic qualifications:
o City & Guilds Level 1, 2 & 3 (in the relevant trade discipline)
o Class 1 Armourer
o ONC (in the relevant trade discipline)
o NVQ Level 3 (in the relevant trade discipline)
* Weapon General Practice Training
* Must be trained in the basic principles of fitting, including filing, sawing, chiselling, screw-and-nut threading, drilling and turning.
* Examination of Ordnance
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement.
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance.
* Share ownership scheme.
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future.
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Babcock DSG is committed to the continual development of its employees and to support this you may be required to undertake activity within your competence or accredited skillset across a variety of roles within your operational function or discipline consistent with your pay band. Additionally, training will be provided where required to broaden your personal competence and skills profile to maximise opportunities for your flexibility, personal development and deployability to provide experience across a range of roles and services we provide to our customers.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.