Job Title: Production Manager
Location: Walsall, West Midlands, GB, WS2 8LD
Compensation: £40,000 to £50,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time
Job ID: SF41352
This is your opportunity to join Babcock International as part of the senior operational management team on sites effectively managing the businesses operational resource in order to safely deliver the required output against the plan(s).
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Production Manager to lead, inspire, support and manage your people enabling your teams to deliver the required outputs efficiently and safely. You will have the ability to make rational decisions based on information available, manage allocated budgets as well as the ability to make prioritisation decisions with limited resources and react to changing demands.
What will you be doing?
As a Production Manager you will be making resource prioritisation decisions to best achieve the current (plus any subsequent amendments) to the output plan using the resources available.
Your duties will include:
* Managing employee lifecycle (recruitment through to exit processes)
* Managing employee relations (disciplinary, grievance, welfare)
* Performance management (including objective setting, appraisals, managing poor performance, reward/recognition)
* Continually tracking output against plan(s)
* Continually looking 4-12 weeks in advance for available resource/capacity vs demand plan and reacting to misalignments
* Planning and organising production schedules to enable supporting departments (Procurement, Engineering, Quality, Transport etc) to schedule activities, purchase/produce required materiel and optimise resource utilisation
The experience you'll bring
* You will have or have the ability to obtain SC security clearance
* Excellent people management and communication is key
* Good reporting skills is key
* Background within Engineering and Mechanical is essential
* Educated to Level 4 in National Qualification Framework (NQF) as a minimum (Higher apprenticeship, HNC, Level 4 NVQ) or equivalent workplace experience is essential
* Completed relevant managerial Health and Safety qualification (e.g. IOSH, NEBOSH, British Safety Council) is essential
* Completed relevant management development courses is essential
* Experienced or competent user in ERP systems used for production (e.g. Navision, SAP, IFS) is desirable
* Completed (or working towards) lean management qualifications is desirable
* HND in Engineering / Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business Management is desirable but not essential
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 1st February 2022