Location: Remote Working (with some travel to our Coventry site)
Compensation: £34,000 - £38,000 + Benefits
Full Time / Permanent Position
This is your opportunity to join Babcock International as an EPA Manager managing all aspects of EPA for all programmes and to act as the conduit between all stakeholders (EPAO's, client and apprentices).
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an innovative, flexible and passionate individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who has the ability to establish good relationships with diverse groups of people. You will be a competent leader and coach with experience of delivering in one-to-one and small group situations/workshops with measurable outcomes.
What will you be doing?
As an EPA Manager you will support programme activities such as Induction and Open Days as well as curricular and extra-curricular activities across the L2, L3 and L4 apprenticeships.
Your duties will include:
- Liaising with EPAO's for all schemes, acting as first point of contact for all EPA related matters.
- Managing pipeline data to review and forecast assessment planning schedules.
- Producing periodic reports for internal and external customers; providing accurate EPA performance data for NR scheme managers.
- Leading/Feeding into a programme of pre and post assessment standardisation activities/events in support of Gateway and EPA readiness activity.
- Liaising with external EPAOs and Assessors to performance manage and prepare payments for authorisation (checking invoices for accuracy).
- Facilitating and supporting with generic and specific training for internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful EPA outcomes.
- Creating and monitoring detailed action plans; assigning accountability and responsibility appropriately in support of resit/re-take activity.
- Ensuring EPA related support materials are current and available to all stakeholders.
The experience you'll bring
You must have or have the ability to obtain an enhanced DBS security clearance.
We would also like you to have the following:
- L3/L5 Leadership & Management qualification or with demonstrable experience willing to work towards this.
- L3/L5 Coaching & Mentoring qualification or with demonstrable experience willing to work towards this.
- Quality Assurance (IQA/Internal Verification).
- Knowledge of regulatory and QA frameworks (Ofqual/IfATE/PEIs) to ensure quality processes are in line with regulatory requirements.
- Detailed understanding of Rail apprenticeships Standards and the support provision around them.
- Experience of coaching/mentoring/teaching individuals
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- Share ownership scheme
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
- We believe the position you are applying for is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such, should you be invited to interview you will be required to declare all unspent convictions and conditional cautions, and all spent convictions and adult cautions (simple or conditional) that are not 'protected' (i.e. that are not filtered out) as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2020); and
* The position you are applying for may involve engaging in regulated activity with children and/or vulnerable adults and it is a criminal offence to apply for this role if you are barred from working with children and/or vulnerable adults. Given the nature of the role, employment is conditional upon a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check which will include a children's and/or adults' barred list check, and you will be required to provide the necessary identification documents at interview to enable the DBS check to be completed before you commence employment. These identification documents may be different to those required to confirm your right to work in the UK.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
Closing Date: 31st January 2022