Job Title: Solution Lead, FAcT
Location: Holyhead, Anglesey, GB, LL65 3NY
Compensation: £84,000.00+ Benefits
Role Type: Full time / 12 month fixed term contract
Exciting opportunity to help Babcock grow our business. Your role forms a pivotal part of the Future Aircrew Training (FAcT) bid team - the largest bid in Babcock at present. You'll help the growth of the business in a core capability and in a core market. Working in a richly diverse and challenging team where you'll gain experience of working in a multi-lingual, multi-cultural team, your role will be memorable and exhilarating.
Who we are looking for?
We're looking for curious and courageous people to join the mission. You will have strong military aviation and training experience supplemented by relevant academic training. The primary responsibility your role is to draw together solutions features from c. 12 separate work streams into a fully compliant compelling and articulated solution.
What will you be doing?
* End to end ownership of proposed solution; its compliance and alignment win themes.
* Defining and managing high calibre, coherent solution features bespoke to the customer's requirements and contributing towards their successful conversion into proposal documentation
* Managing the technical SMEs to ensure the generation of a viable technical solution which is compliant with the Customer requirement
* Interface with Requirements Manager to ensure that all requirements capture and management tasks are conducted effectively and iaw systems engineering best practice
* Ensuring configuration control of the solution design
* Be able to work on a bottom-up and top-down basis to analyse requirements and develop responses
The experience you'll bring
* Outstanding programme management skills
* Leading multiple projects and programmes, and delivering military flying training capabilities
* Possesses a proven track record of leading and motivating diverse teams, managing innovation and delivering innovative projects and programmes
* Responsibility for identification of gaps in capability and recommendation of how to fill these.
* Providing decision support in the selection of contracted services in the defence environment, making tough choices within a financial envelope
* Managing multiple stakeholders and leading multi-disciplinary teams
You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* Travel to Canada and Italy - including attendance to Dialogue sessions with the Customer will be necessary.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 30/01/2022