Job Title: Business Growth Manager
Location: Remote working with travel to Walsall office 2/3 days weekly
Compensation: £40,000 to £45,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time
This is your opportunity to join Babcock International managing the growth of Emergency Services Accounts, including but not limited to Non-MPS Police Forces, Highways England and Coastguard, to ensure the revenue requirements of Vehicle Engineering are met.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a confident communicator who possesses strong stakeholder influencing and management skills, strong service, project and programme management skills and has the ability to effectively manage people to deliver against objectives. You will have commercial experience managing customer accounts and developing and executing growth plans and the ability to take initiative, work independently under pressure, organising and prioritising tasks.
What will you be doing?
As a Business Growth Manager you will be required and comfortable with carrying out customer visits throughout the UK once a month in line with business needs.
Your duties will include:
* Actively seek out and pursuing profitable potential contract/framework growth and service improvement opportunities, particularly in support of additional customer new build projects and in line with Vehicle Engineering business Strategy
* Delivering service profitability in line with budget, whilst maintaining flexibility to meet customer individual needs.
* Project managing the various customer products being developed through Vehicle Engineering; ensuring the customer is kept informed of progress at all stages
* Capturing any customer specification/requirement changes and ensure that these are costed and backed off with relevant commercial terms
* Providing detailed input to Tender responses
* Engaging with the staff in other teams as needed to support the delivery of the service including Procurement, Finance, HR, Commercial and other support functions
The experience you'll bring
* You will have or have the ability to obtain DBS security clearance
* Proven experience of working in a relevant automotive/engineering commercial environment
* Management within a fast paced Automotive/Production Environment
* Sales experience
* Experience of managing programme/projects in an automotive environment
* Degree in Business would be desirable
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 27th January 2022