Job Title: Transport Manager
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex, GB, HA4 6NG
Compensation: £42,283.88 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Come and join an established exciting transport team and make a difference to the contract output we are delivering. We are looking for someone to come in with new ideas to always strive to improve contract delivery.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Transport Manager to carry out all matters within transport concerning the delivery of the transport contract at RAF Northolt.
What will you be doing?
* For the management, control and co-ordination for all transport activities and staff.
* To be the nominated defendant for MT matters and the Unit Appointed Authorised Demanding Officer.
* Drive forward innovation, including rationalisation of working practices and procedures throughout transport operations.
* For ensuring full compliance in all transport matters.
* To be the named Transport Manager and CPC Holder for all Babcock Passenger and Goods Vehicle Operators Licence.
* To meet financial and operational targets for the provision of Transport Services.
The experience you'll bring
* Previous Transport Manager experience either in Armed Forces or civilian equivalent.
* Certificated of Professional Competency Passenger Transport International, (NVQ Level 3).
* Certificated of Professional Competency Road Haulage International, (NVQ Level 3).
* Valid UK or EU Vocational Driving Licence(s) DVSA Categories B+E (Cars), C+E (Large Goods Vehicle), and D+E (Large Passenger Coaches). Category E = trailers.
* Valid Driver Qualification Card, (known as Driver CPC)
* Valid Driver Tachograph Card
You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 30/01/2022