Manpower is currently looking for numbers of Loading operatives to join furniture manufacturer client based in Wetherby LS23 area.
The successful candidate will work within a team to load products into containers whilst adhering to best practice loading techniques, quality and safety procedures. Full training on the various tasks will be given so experience is not essential although it would be an advantage.
Starting hourly rate is 9.77 and it will increase to £10.15 an hour once fully skilled.
Excellent shift patterns - Monday to Friday only - shifts are between 7am and 4.30pm. Additional hours may be required from time to time.
£2000 Retention Bonus paid over 1 year.
- Responsible for ensuring loading bay is always kept clean and tidy.
- Prepare for load by ensuring all items are brought to the loading bay from different departments.
- Completing loading process ensuring the units are loaded in the correct sequence and safely tied off the prevent damage from movement in transit.
- Products are scanned before loading and once again when they are in the container to ensure internal movement transaction is complete.
- Verbal communication with team members, stores team and other departments to ensure accurate loading processes.
- Responsibility for safe operation of equipment, pallet truck, scanner.
- Responsible for identification of faulty products and referring to team leader.
- Adherence to company H&S guidelines and procedures.
-Experience of heavy lifting and manual handling would be beneficial.
-Good spatial awareness is useful as you will be loading approximately 100 boxes into the container.
-Experience with dock levellers and pallet trucks a requirement.
-Manual handling experience including 2 person lifts.
-Previous experience working in a fast-paced environment desirable.
Attitude is key and we are looking for someone who:
- Is co-operative and flexible
- Can work as part of a team
- Has good organisational skills
- Will adhere to standard operating procedures
- Will follow verbal instructions
- Enjoys learning new skills
- Safe stacking procedures
- Good safety and housekeeping standards.
Due to location candidate must have their own transport.
This is temp to perm position for the right candidates.