Manpower is currently looking 2 x Machinists to join furniture manufacturer client based in Wetherby LS23 area.
Working hours: Monday to Friday 2pm-10pm.
Salary starts on 10.55 an hour with a 20% shift allowance (works out about 26k per year) and rises to £11.41 per hour once fully trained again with the shift allowance (works out about £28,000 per year)
Reporting to the Machine Shop Team Leader, the role will be responsible for operating a range of woodworking machinery safely and efficiently. To machine agreed numbers of different products to time, quality, and specification.
- Carry out regular machine safety checks at the start of each shift and report any problems to the Team Leader
- Operate machinery in accordance with safety procedures
- Check the product requirements and materials to be used for each production run
- Set up / programme machinery for each run based on procedures and experience
- Check at the start of each run that the machine is running correctly and delivering products of the right quality and specifications
- Continue to observe the operation of the machine and carry out checks as necessary during each run
- Stop the machine, diagnose and where possible correct problems, referring any further problems to the team leader or Fitter/Electrician
- Feed in and offload products as required by the machine
- Complete timesheets for machine operation and leave handovers for the following shift
- Carry out regular daily/weekly cleaning and maintenance of the department
- Check job requirements with production control when required
- Give instructions to labourers / team leaders if necessary
- Calculate measurements for offsets as and when required
- Ensure relevant base boards for products, tools for machines and spares are available
- Organise own work area to meet differing needs
- Receive and pass on information or requests to Team Members / Team Leader
- Responsible for handling products and tools carefully
- Ensuring work area is clean, tidy, and safe
- Must adhere to safety standards
- Regularly monitor stock levels
- Must meet quality standards for panels
- Must meet expected speeds of production
- Ability to read and understand product drawings / plot sizes and/or create a plot for panel production
- Use Work in Progress system
- Operate relevant machinery including software for PC controlled machinery or programme CNC machines
- Understand the physical operation of the different machines sufficient for at least basic fault finding/correction
- Awareness of the tolerances required for each product
- Knowledge of safety procedures and regulations
Due to location candidates must have their own transport.
This is temp to perm position for the right candidates.