Job Title: Team Leader (Loading/Carrier Desk/Goods Returns)
Location: Thorp Arch, Wetherby
Salary starts on £11.86 an hour rising to £12.35 within 3 months and then going to £13.80 once fully skilled and trained.
To lead and direct team members to load the required volume for customer deliveries. Deal with stock returns, part orders and ensure the safety of the team.
Duties and responsibilities
Customer Service 25%
- To ensure that loads go out complete, in load order with no part orders.
- To ensure the goods returned area is controlled so waiting loads can be easily identified.
Production / Resources 20%
- To control labour hours, both productive and non-productive and overtime, using a database to achieve budgeted man hours
- To control and issue equipment to team members
- To process and control part orders with assembly and stores teams.
Human Resources 15%
- To manage holiday allocations and requests for early finishes
- To brief absence data to teams
- To undertake PDP reviews
- To identify areas for development using the skills index and allocate appropriate training
Health and Safety 15%
- To audit PPE and ensure team members are compliant
- To report all accidents to manager and ensure that team members complete accident forms
- To undertake random risk assessments, safety inspections with manager and safety champions
- To check items are loaded correctly and identify errors or quality concerns to team members
- To feedback load audit information to team members
- To ensure that the team adhere to housekeeping standards and conduct weekly audits.
- To ensure machinery is in good working order.
Previous Experience & Key Skills
- An understanding of the work instructions procedures contained within ISO9002 Quality Management Systems is required
- Thorough understanding of AS400 and Lotus Notes systems
- Needs to be a competent team member and thoroughly understand all loading activities
- Must have thorough product knowledge and understand stock items
- Must understand safety procedures, fire drills how to undertake risk assessments
- Strong communication with Manger, team members and other internal departments within the business.
Reporting / Management Information
- Ensure internal KPI's are adhered to and look at root cause where KPI's are not met
- Ensure internal systems are accurate and kept up to date
- Weekly/Monthly objective reporting
- Strong communicator
- Team player
- Leads by example
- Results driven
Working within a factory environment with some dust and high levels of noise in some areas. PPE is mandatory, i.e. safety footwear, gloves, high visibility jackets, eye and ear protection in some areas.
The nature of the job can be physically demanding, i.e. heavy lifting.