Workshop Supervisor / Controller
Location: Woolwich, London, GB, SE18 6RS
Compensation: £38,000 to £40,000 + Benefits
Full Time / Permanent Position
This is your opportunity to join Babcock International effectively managing the maintenance and repair workshop technical team. Ensuring the MPS vehicle fleet availability is maintained in accordance with operational requirements and the Service is delivered in a safe, cost effective and technically compliant manner to the required standards.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Workshop Supervisor / Controller to lead, inspire and motivate their team in order to achieve targets and deadlines. You will be flexible, proactive and a real team player who demonstrates pride in the completion and presentation of completed repairs.
What will you be doing?
As a Workshop Supervisor / Controller, you will play a key role in driving a culture of safety and wellbeing by carrying out health and safety monitoring activities in the workplace.
Your duties will include:
- Planning, scheduling and progressing work to ensure optimised use of labour and cost effective use of materials and equipment.
- Managing workshop performance, ensuring work completed to time and quality standards set out. Addressing performance issues in 'real time' with escalation to workshop manager as required.
- Managing training and development needs to enable team members to meet the skill levels required to achieve individual and business objectives. Providing 1-2-1 support and reviews for colleagues via the PDR process.
- Building effective relationships with colleagues, ensuring team morale and productivity is maintained at all times.
- Ensuring computer systems are updated and maintained accurately, and vehicle statuses are maintained at all times.
- Authorising repairs and parts as required, and ensuring costing and monitoring of job cards/invoices, including correct labour allocation and procedures are followed.
The experience you'll bring
You will need proven experience in a Motor Vehicle technician role, with experience gained as a fully qualified technician.
We would also like you to have the following:
- Experience of meeting demanding targets and deadlines.
- Thorough knowledge of health, safety and environmental requirements.
- NVQ level 3, or equivalent B/TEC or City & Guilds in Motor Vehicle Engineering.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
- Share ownership scheme
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 4th February 2022