Class 2 Driver
Day and Night shifts available
£12.75 - £16.58 per hour
Wincanton are recruiting for both Day and Night Class 2 LGV Drivers to join our team at Thrapston, Kettering carrying out deliveries for our Primark contract.
You will be Driving a Class 2 curtain side or box trailer vehicle, delivering caged or palletised goods to RDC’s or stores
• £29,835 per annum basic (based on 45 hours per week) plus shift enhancements
• £14.50 - £18.85 per hour
• Working any 5 out of 7 on a rota
• Days start times between 06.00 and 15.00
Nights start times between 22.00 and 06.00
• £1.28 per hour – For hours between 16.00 – 21.59
• £2.55 per hour – For hours between 22.00 – 05.59
• £3.83 per hour – For weekends
Overtime paid at 1.5 basic rate after 45 hours worked
• Monthly pay
• Permanent 45 hour a week contract
• Essential DCPC training
• Uniform provided
• Access to company pension scheme
• Customer discount card
• For every driver that you refer, you can earn an impressive £1,000
• Responsible for the accurate, timely movement and delivery of our customers’ products.
• Single drop
• Adhering to safe working practices to ensure the safety of yourself and others at all times.
• Securing load of the trailer to ensure products are safely secured to minimise chances of damage.
• Provide excellent customer service at all times and to take ownership of customer issues on delivery.
• Be aware of the vehicle defects and bring to the attention of Transport Office as necessary.
• Attend essential training in order to carry out the Driver role.
Experience & Qualifications
• Must have a valid LGV Class 2 licence
• Must have a valid Driver CPC
• Must hold Digital tachograph card
• Must not have more than 6 points on licence
• Ideally you will have 6 months experience but new Class 1 LGV drivers will be considered
• Possess excellent customer facing awareness skills
• Good timekeeper and able to work unsupervised
• Enthusiastic and reliable with a commitment to delivering 1st class customer service
• Must have good communication skills and a flexible attitude to work
• Must have a good geographical knowledge
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.