Wincanton are recruiting Class 1 Drivers to join our General Haulage team based out of Brockworth, Gloucester carrying out deliveries for our LRS ( Lucozade & Ribena ) Contract
* £32,616.96 per annum - basic annual salary
* Working 5 out of 7
* £1.03 - additional hourly allowance between 1400 and 1800
* £1.20 - additional hourly allowance between 1800 and 2200
* £2.35 - additional hourly allowance between 2200 and 0600
* £18.01 per hour - working 6th shift on a Saturday
* £24.00 per hour - working 6th shift on a Sunday
* £2.26 - meal allowance per day
* £23.94 per night out
* Working an average of 48 hours per week
* Part time opportunities also available
* Opportunities for drivers to also be based from our Coleford site
* Sunday to Thursday starting between 1400 and 2000
* Tuesday to Saturday starting between 1400 and 2000
Potential earnings - based on shifts on offer
* £36,572.46 - based on average 48 hours per week starting at 1700
You will be delivering and collecting palletised soft drinks from several sites with an average of 2 to 3 drops per day across the UK in accordance with customer requirements on time critical deliveries and collections.
Due to the nature of the role, nights out may be required on occasions.
If you are flexible and keen to join our General Haulage team - GET IN TOUCH TODAY!
* Essential DCPC training
* Paid holiday entitlement
* Company pension scheme
* Childcare vouchers
* RAC discount
* High street, Online Stores and Restaurant Discounts
* For every driver that you refer, you can earn an impressive £1,000
* To advise the depot of any problems, changes to schedule etc.
* To ensure the organisation and accurate completion of all related paperwork.
* To participate in driver de-brief sessions at the end of each shift.
* To ensure compliance with all transport driver legislation and with company and site policies and procedures
* To avoid stock damage in line with company and site procedures
* To undertake the necessary training in order to carry out your role in a safe and efficient manner
* To appropriately report any personal injury, accident or damage to any equipment, Machinery, premises or stock.
* To be flexible in the undertaking of your duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the function.
* To contribute towards the improvement of processes/methods of operating practices
* Following socially distanced conditions in line with government guidelines regarding Covid-19
Experience and Qualifications
* Must hold a valid Class 1 license
* Must hold a valid Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (DCPC Card)
* Must hold a Digital Tachograph card
* Must not have more than 6 points on your license
* New drivers will be considered
* Must be fully flexible on working hours
* Possess excellent customer facing awareness
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is "to make our customers business`s better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That`s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.