Vehicle Mechanics Coach & Assessor
Remote working covering the Northeast of England
£30,500 + Benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Babcock administering documentation, carrying out observations and invigilate on tests in order for the learner to achieve the full qualifications as laid down in the relevant Apprenticeship Framework.
Babcock International Group is a FTSE 250 business and is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation.
Our Skills & Learning business is one of the UK's largest private sector providers of vocational and skills training. We work in partnership major employers across the Service and Engineering sectors to help develop their people.
You will however need to have prior knowledge of Light Vehicle or HGV maintenance and repair.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Field Force Assessor/Coach who will play a key role in assessing, monitoring and sampling in order to prove competency in a learner for the Level 3 Apprenticeship. Carrying out observations and invigilating on tests, you will enable your Apprentices to achieve their full qualifications, as laid down in the Apprenticeship Framework / Standards.
What will you be doing?
As an Assessor/Coach you will be remote working with site visits, as required, to carry out assessments across Northeast England.
Your duties will include:
* Creating and maintaining an efficient work plan, practising effective time management and cost effectiveness
* Presenting to the learners and their management structure, the principles and any changes to the Apprenticeship programme
* Setting and reviewing progressive training objectives, mentoring, assessment and verification of Diploma's programmes with learners in the workplace, maintaining a caseload of learners as directed by the TL and completing each framework in a timely rate
* Reviewing learners as per caseload and contractual requirements. Monitor student progress toward achievement and give feedback where appropriate.
The experience you'll bring
* Previous experience as a Vehicle Mechanic / Technician in a HGV or Light vehicle environment.
* Coaching or mentoring of others in a work environment and experience with Apprentices would be an advantage but not a necessity as full on the job training can be provided.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
About Babcock Training
With a rich history of service excellence, Babcock is a trusted name across the training and apprenticeships market. We have an enviable track record in delivering intelligent and compelling workforce development solutions and are one of the UK's largest and most reputable training providers.
Our solutions range from bespoke, employer-led apprenticeship programmes to pioneering digital simulations and we work closely with all of our customers to reflect their organisational needs. Supporting both private and public sector businesses, a customer focused solution is at the heart of who we are, consistently putting the employer brand at the forefront of programme design.
As one of the UK's largest apprenticeship providers, we offer apprenticeships at multiple levels in engineering with particular expertise in the rail, automotive, nuclear and energy industries as well as the British Army and Emergency Services. We also deliver apprenticeships across retail, hospitality, active leisure, adult care, automotive, business, customer service, early years care and warehousing sectors.
Having delivered apprenticeships for over 20 years we have developed an enviable reputation across the marketplace, delivering high quality solutions for employers and apprentices alike.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.