Job Title: Electrical Academic Tutor (Westwood)
Location: Westwood Heath, Coventry, GB, CV4 8GP
Compensation: Excellent Remuneration + Benefits
Role Type: Full time, Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for you to work with our team here at Westwood, tutoring and delivering training to our Network Rail apprentices and taking responsibility for all support as they move through the training in order to complete their Level 3 Railway Engineering Maintenance Diploma. This is a great opportunity to be part of a valued team and to develop a future career with Babcock International.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Tutor to monitor, inspire and motivate their apprentice's, providing constructive feedback in order to achieve results and support their progression towards completion, as well as our objectives in becoming an "outstanding" provider.
The desired candidate does not need to be experienced in either Teaching or the Railway. However the candidate must have an electrical or electronics background, and a natural aptitude for teaching or tutoring mentees or trainees. The salary offered will reflect the level of teaching experience.
What will you be doing?
As an Electrical Academic Tutor you will play a key role in developing the NVQ/Tech Cert programmes in readiness for delivery as well as demonstrating and supporting good practice through innovative teaching and learning strategies in the classroom.
Your duties will include:
* Participating in internal verification activities to ensure compliance and standardisation across the contract
* Introducing new technologies in the classroom
* Carrying out instruction for classes
* Marking all work and providing feedback to students
* Producing schemes of work, lesson plans and course materials
* Ensuring all appropriate teaching resources are available for delivery
* Writing student progress reports
* Managing student performance
* Undertaking staff induction and performance development reviews
The experience you'll bring
* You will have or have the ability to obtain DBS security clearance
* You may hold or may be working towards DTTLS qualifications with a view to obtaining QTLS
* Proven electrical or electronics experience is essential
* Proven teaching or railway experience is desirable
* Possess a natural aptitude for teaching or tutoring mentees / trainees is key
- Should you be successful and invited to interview you will be required to complete a criminal declaration form. Please note this does not disqualify you from the role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
- We believe the position you are applying for is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such, should you be invited to interview you will be required to declare all unspent convictions and conditional cautions, and all spent convictions and adult cautions (simple or conditional) that are not 'protected' (i.e. that are not filtered out) as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2020); and
* The position you are applying for may involve engaging in regulated activity with children and/or vulnerable adults and it is a criminal offence to apply for this role if you are barred from working with children and/or vulnerable adults. Given the nature of the role, employment is conditional upon a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check which will include a children's and/or adults' barred list check, and you will be required to provide the necessary identification documents at interview to enable the DBS check to be completed before you commence employment. These identification documents may be different to those required to confirm your right to work in the UK.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 26th April 2022