Production/ Department Managers x2 Manpower is currently recruiting for 2x Production managers due to extensive growth on behalf of one of our Manufacturing clients. Our client is a specialist in the wood machinist industry. (Immediate starts available) Area- St. Helens We are looking for experienced Production Manager/s to organise and oversee the manufacturing of Mouldings. You will ultimately be responsible for the smooth running of all production lines within your department and the quality of output. The ideal candidate is expected to have good understanding of production procedures with the ability to direct personnel towards maximum performance will set you apart as a leader. Decision-making and problem-solving are an essential part of the process Hours worked will be Monday- Friday 08.00am-17.30pm
- To ensure all production requirements are efficiently and effectively planned and scheduled to maintain appropriate stock levels
- To ensure that the BisTrack System has the correct information input, Times, Quantities, Reject count. Ensure all operatives are inputting accurate data.
- To monitor, review and identify requirements for raw materials through appropriate liaison with Planning Manager
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping and implement a cleaning schedule.
- Liaise with Cell Leader to ensure training methodology is uniform across the Department
- Ensure that all Health and Safety rules and systems are strictly adhered to. Assist in risk assessment and the identification of hazards.
- Be prepared to cover for Cell Leader in the absence of, Training, Holiday and sickness, this will require a degree of flexibility
- Liaise with other managers to formulate objectives and understand requirements
- Organise work flow to meet specifications and deadlines
- Monitor production to resolve issues
- Supervise and evaluate performance of production personnel through one to one meetings and PDR progression
- Proven experience as production manager
- Deep knowledge of production management
- Understanding of quality standards and health & safety regulations
- Knowledge of performance evaluation
- Experience in reporting on key production metrics
- Outstanding communication ability
- Excellent organisational and leaderships skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach
Free parking on site20 days annual leave plus bank holidays No weekend working If you are interested please apply with you CV.