Technical Support Advisor - Kingswinford
Our client, a leading Energy Provider is seeking a Technical Support Advisor to join their existing Field Support team in their Kingswinford office. You'll initially work for Manpower on a temporary ongoing basis with the potential for our client to make you permanent at a later date. It is a great place to work; the culture is very open, people are genuinely helpful pulling together to help you succeed, additionally there is parking available on site.
The Field Support, Customer Services Team provides both technical and non-technical day to day support for our field-based Field Operations teams (our Meter Readers and Meter Technicians etc.)
In this role you will predominately be providing support to the Field Operations from our contact centre, including assisting the with Smart meter installations and any technical queries they may have.
Job Title: Technical Support Advisor
Department: Technical Help Desk
Business: Smart Field Connections
Pay: Starts from £10.14 to £12.25 per hour
Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-4pm with occasional shifts of 9am-5pm, 10am-6pm & 12pm-8pm. Also occasional Saturday (around 1 in 12) working with shifts between 8am-6pm
This is your chance to help shape the UK's energy transformation towards sustainability. This is a great opportunity to join one of the leading suppliers in 100% renewable energy sources towards a greener future.
About the role:
This is a Technical Support Advisor role on the Smart Technical Help Desk in Kingswinford. You will be responsible for the provision of day to day smart meter support of technical contact from Meter Technicians (phone calls), this includes troubleshooting issues with configuration of meters, smart meter scheming issues, etc. Also, for related back-office activity (eg remote updates to smart meters, managing task lists, etc.).
Working on a variety of Administrative tasks as required to support the day to day operations and to provide excellent customer service, to both internal and external customers.
- Technical contact for smart field connections field team (e.g. Supporting smart meter scheming issues)
- Act as a focal point for key internal / external stakeholders, providing responses to their queries, directing / escalating these to the Technical help desk team manager when needed
- Ensure key tasks from management are completed against agreed timescales and escalate as appropriate (including call stats and targets - Grade of Service and Abandonment rate)
- Assist in the integration of new processes and initiatives and deliver continual improvement.
- Maintain and update records / reports and identify any risks or faults (e.g. during Hypercare/pilots) and follow up/escalate where required.
- Liaise with IT to complete data fixes to enable Smart Meter Installs to complete.
- Identify areas for improvement in processes and behaviours to enable ongoing benefits, aligned with the culture of Operational Excellence.
- Participating in user acceptance testing to support systems enhancements - SMETS1, SMETS2 and Third Party changes.
Key Skill Requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills plus excellent numerical skills
- Highly developed personal organisation skills encompassing a high degree of accuracy and good attention to detail
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office applications
- Drive, enthusiasm and ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to exercise initiative, judgement and to make decisions within the scope of the role.
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and to assume responsibility without direct supervision.
- A professional and flexible approach to work and supportive of change.
- Be proactive in looking for opportunities to improve processes and eliminate waste.
- Logical approach to problem solving
If this seems like the role for you, apply today!