The Solution Architect (SO) is involved from the early stages of the sales cycle through the development, implementation and integration of the solutions to fit customer needs. This person will be highly technically proficient, an excellent communicator, have a strong customer orientation. They will be confident in advising our own project team and the customer on matters of design, enhancements, optimisation and implementation, while being commercially aware and able to make sound judgement calls. The Solution Owner is a team player who will build strong relationships with customers as well as internally with the Sales, Development, Product Development, Enterprise Architecture and Delivery teams.
- Provides strong and focused solution and system architecture leadership for the Customer Success leadership team
- Provides consultancy services to our customers as they implement our product. Manage the customer solutions & system architecture.
- Documents requirements and solution architectures in a clear, professional manner.
- Identifies product enhancements required and provide architectures for these new features.
- Takes a leadership role within the Customer Success leadership team to deliver our product on budget and on time.
- Work with our Operations team to analyse the non-functional requirements (NFRs) of our systems in a production environment and evaluate enhancements to the operation of our product for NFRs and cost benefits.
- Design and delivery a strategic roadmap for the customer accounts.
- Contribute to the long-term development of our product suite.
Technical Skills / Knowledge/ Experience
- Customer Facing Experience in previous roles required.
- Experience with presenting solutions at C-level
- Proven ability to operate within a multi-locational delivery team environment with both onsite and remote engagement. Minimum 3 years' experience as a Solution Owner.
- 7+ years in application design and development.
- Minimum 4 years of OO/Internet design experience.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Expert in some or all of the following technologies: Java, J2EE, SOA, JBoss, Tomcat, JDBC, SOAP, REST, OOD/OOA, NET.
- Experience working with database systems - Oracle, Postgres, MongoDB.
- Proficiency in web technologies would be advantageous - HTML, CSS, JS, JQuery.
- Be a self-starter and the not accept the status quo.
- Travel technology and terminology experience.