Duties and responsibilities
- Reads and prepares the goods for customers and hauliers collection.
- Pick and Check customer orders as required to load.
- Receiving of product from production then sending to the designated areas of storage or for loading the vehicle collections.
- Stock check daily/monthly and rotation of shelf life products.
- Input Returns of packaging materials daily of each customer or product from inbound deliveries.
- Packing materials information correctly checked and signed off when distributed to customers daily.
- Physically fit to work in a fast-moving chilled warehouse environment.
- Prepares despatch documentation, also maintains, and files inventory records.
- Loading of vehicles/ hauliers in the yard or warehouse despatch areas around the business.
- Ensure that the Yard is always kept tidy with the Clean as you go policy
- Actively contribute and engage in continuous improvement initiatives relevant to JD tasks / duties
- Ensure inbound /outbound stock is recorded correctly as well as sent to the correct locations given
- Stock check and Restocking of certain product in various chilled CA cold stores daily due to space requirements needed
- Must be Pro-active, use initiative and have good communication skills
- Any ADHOC duties required by the Supervisor or Manager
- Must have a valid registered Forklift licence
- Must have experience using a PPT electric pallet truck
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or experience
- 2 years previous experience in a chilled warehouse environment
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate, desirable but not essential.
Language and Computer Skills
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organisation. The use of computers will be required constantly throughout the shift and learning out stock management systems will be required.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardised situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.