Job Title: Mechanical Technician
Location: Heysham, GB, LA3 1TU
Compensation: £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time Permanent
Job ID: SF43331
Cavendish Nuclear support EDF at Heysham B providing skilled resource to undertake mechanical installation, commissioning and maintenance activities to ensure the continues safe opporation of the fuel route.
As a mechanical technician you will form part of a small highly experienced team who typically overhaul strategic spares as well as delivering repairs or modifications to exisiting plant and equipment.
This is a long term role and an ideal opportunity for someone who wants to develop unique skills in a highly regulated environment.
What will you be doing?
* To participate in the planning and preparation of works.
* To carry out work in accordance with the work packs and best practice and applicable trade/legal standards.
* To carryout overhaul of strageic spares/pump/motor/specific fueling machine components
* To comply with any health and safety requirements of the work pack or work area.
* To carry out safety and behavioural observation.
* To comply with quality requirements of the work pack.
The experience you'll bring
* Level 3 Qualification (e.g. Recognised Training Scheme or Apprenticeship) appropriate to their trade.
* CCNSG Safety Passport.
* Site Installation/Maintenance experience (preferred) in Nuclear Industry/Power Generation.
What a role with Cavendish Nuclear offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
About Cavendish Nuclear
Cavendish Nuclear is the UK's leading nuclear services company, with a highly-skilled workforce and a growing international presence. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost across all aspects of the nuclear energy lifecycle.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 25th April 2022