Job Title: Internal Quality Assurer (Railway Engineering)
Location: United Kingdom - Remote role with travel required throughout the UK
Compensation: £30,000 + Benefits + Company Car
Role Type: Full time, Permanent
Job ID: SF42394
We have an exciting opportunity for an Internal Quality Assurer to join our business reporting into the Network Rail training facility at Westwood, Coventry. You will be responsible for ensuring accurate, effective, and consistent learning delivery and assessment decisions for the training and apprenticeship programmes delivered by Babcock Training.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Railway Engineering experienced Internal Quality Assurer to support and mentor Trainers in order to achieve their full potential and deliver programmes to a high standard. The person required to carry out this role will be a self-motivated individual with a positive 'can do' attitude, as well as excellent communication and observation skills.
What will you be doing?
Your will be planning, conducting and recording activities, observations and support sessions to ensure ongoing Assessor development, working closely with Training Managers to develop on-going development plans for individual Trainers.
Your duties will include:
* Understanding the Principles and Practices of Internally Assuring the Quality of teaching, learning & assessment.
* Internally assure the quality of assessment.
* Ensuring all supporting verification records comply with Babcock Quality Assurance Strategies including Data Protection.
* Mentoring and supporting Assessment Staff to develop and comply with teaching and assessment standards.
* Identifying and facilitating best practice in line with delivery models.
* Conducting quality assurance activities in line with the IQA Strategy.
The experience you'll bring
* Experienced Assessor
* Occupational expertise of Railway Infrastructure in line with appropriate assessment strategy
* Awareness of the Engineering Industry - electrical or mechanical
* Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Internal & External Verification standards
* An understanding of how internal procedures conform to awarding organisation requirements
* Teacher/Training qualifications is desirable but not essential
* Willing to travel nationally to provide observations and support
* You must have or have the ability to obtain enhanced DBS security clearance
Should you be successful and invited to interview you will be required to complete a criminal declaration form. Please note this does not disqualify you from the role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Company Car
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* Share ownership scheme
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
* We believe the position you are applying for is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such, should you be invited to interview you will be required to declare all unspent convictions and conditional cautions, and all spent convictions and adult cautions (simple or conditional) that are not 'protected' (i.e. that are not filtered out) as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2020); and
* The position you are applying for may involve engaging in regulated activity with children and/or vulnerable adults and it is a criminal offence to apply for this role if you are barred from working with children and/or vulnerable adults. Given the nature of the role, employment is conditional upon a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check which will include a children's and/or adults' barred list check, and you will be required to provide the necessary identification documents at interview to enable the DBS check to be completed before you commence employment. These identification documents may be different to those required to confirm your right to work in the UK.