Pipe Welder - Cranbrook Energy Centre Exeter - COVER ROLE
We are currently recruiting for a Pipe Welder to join our client, a leading energy company in the UK on temporary basis to COVER leave and absence.
Please note as this is a cover role the contract will be ongoing until no longer required.
- The role will involve working on a range of new build homes and commercial properties to provide heating and hot water.
- This process includes welding of pipework in trenches, and the works associated with this on site. The vast majority of the district heating network is made from pre-insulated steel pipes that need to be welded together
- This network of pipes carries heat from our energy centre to the homes and businesses in the local area.
- The role is to support the deployment of district heating pipe across Exeter.
- As the welder your primary role is to weld together all the components of the steel underground piping system.
- This is a site- based role and will involve working across multiple areas of the project including, building sites, roadways and energy centres
- Your role will be welding activities, this includes Class 2 - oxygen/acetylene welding (please note this technique can be trained with our own welders if you are not familiar with it)
- Class 1 - TIG and ARC welding.
- Working as part of a team to complete all sections of pipework safely
Location: Cranbrook, Exeter
Salary: £21 per hour
Start date: ASAP
Annual leave: 26 days per annum pro rata
Hours: Full Time 37 hours per week, Cover Role
- Candidates should have prior experience working on a construction site, with a strong willingness to learn and be part of a team
- Any exposure to pipe work and welding is essential
- Any experience of Class 2 Oxygen/Settling welding.
- Experience of Class 1 TIG and ARC Welding.
- Candidates should also hold a CSCS/CPCS card.
Sound like the perfect role for you? Click Apply today!