Wincanton are recruiting for a Class 2 HIAB Driver to join our team working on our Wickes contract based in Huntingdon
* £28,500 per annum plus an achievable annual bonus of up to £1920 (pro-rata)
* 39 hours average per week (annualised contract of 2028 hours per year)
* Working 5 out of 6 days per week (Monday to Saturday)
* Starting at 0700 in the morning
* ALLMI training will be provided for suitable candidates with no HIAB licence
* Newly experience and inexperienced drivers will be considered
* Essential DCPC training
* Paid holiday entitlement
* Company pension scheme
* Childcare vouchers
* RAC discount
* High street, Online Stores and Restaurant Discounts
* For every driver that you refer, you can earn an impressive £1,000
* You will be responsible for the accurate and timely movement of multidrop and direct delivery of our customer's products.
* Adhering to safe working practices to ensure the safety of yourself and others at all times.
* A flexible approach to working start times as dictated by the needs of the business.
* Complying with all relevant legislation in line with Drivers Hours and Working Time Directive requirements.
* Keep truck clean at all times
Experience and Qualifications
* Must hold a valid Class 2 licence
* Must hold a valid Digital Tachograph Card
* Must hold a valid Driver CPC
* Must have no more than 6 points on your licence
* HIAB experience advantageous
* ALLMI accreditation C5+E Brick grab (or equivalent) advantageous
* Home Delivery experience preferred
* Customer facing awareness
* Excellent timekeeper and able to work unsupervised
* Enthusiastic and reliable with a commitment to delivering 1st class customer service
* Good communication skills and a flexible can-do attitude to work
* Must have a good geographical knowledge
* DBS check will be undertaken
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is "to make our customers business's better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That's why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.