Job Title: Recovery Mechanic Field Force Assessor
Location: United Kingdom-Remote role covering Wiltshire area
Compensation: Attractive salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43238
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Recovery Mechanic Field Force Assessor who will play a key role in the administration of documentation and invigilation of tests, in order for all learners to achieve their full Engineering Qualifications as set out in our Apprenticeship Framework and Standards.
What will you be doing?
As a Recovery Mechanic Field Force Assessor you will be required to deliver the Engineering Diploma and BTEC, as well as demonstrating and supporting good practice through innovative teaching and learning strategies. Your day-to-day activity as an Assessor will involve all vehicle recovery tasks, where you will teach learners how to deliver an exceptional recovery service, in a role where the unexpected can and will always happen.
Your duties will include:
* Setting and reviewing progressive training objectives, mentoring, assessment and verification of Functional Skills / Vocational programmes with learners as per caseload and contractual requirements.
* Monitoring student progress toward achievement, giving feedback where appropriate.
* Undertaking the "Mapping" of the Diploma Level 2 PEO and Technical Certificate Level 3 and subsequent QCF qualifications where necessary, to ensure currency and validity is satisfied for audits.
* Checking learners and cross referencing in the assessment of technical/practical qualifications within the qualification pathway.
* Instructing, monitoring, assessing/verifying and invigilating tests for Vocational qualifications in Engineering at level 2/3 where necessary.
The experience you'll bring
* Proven experience in an appropriate engineering environment and ideally, but not essential, military experience
* Good Understanding of work-based learning programmes
* Experience in assessing Diploma/BTEC qualifications L2/L3 with Industry related qualifications such as Diplomas, BTECs minimum level 3
* Demonstrates a high level of organisational and communication skills
* Hold A1/V1 or equivalent
* Level 3 or equivalent Adult Teaching Qualification
* Must hold of have the ability to obtain enhanced DBS security clearance with Children's and Adults' Barred List check
Should you be successful and invited to interview you will be required to complete a criminal declaration form. Please note this does not disqualify you from the role.
About Babcock Training
With a rich history of service excellence, Babcock is a trusted name across the training and apprenticeships market. We have an enviable track record in delivering intelligent and compelling workforce development solutions and are one of the UK's largest and most reputable training providers.
Our solutions range from bespoke, employer-led apprenticeship programmes to pioneering digital simulations and we work closely with all of our customers to reflect their organisational needs. Supporting both private and public sector businesses, a customer focused solution is at the heart of who we are, consistently putting the employer brand at the forefront of programme design.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
* We believe the position you are applying for is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such, should you be invited to interview you will be required to declare all unspent convictions and conditional cautions, and all spent convictions and adult cautions (simple or conditional) that are not 'protected' (i.e. that are not filtered out) as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2020); and
* The position you are applying for may involve engaging in regulated activity with children and/or vulnerable adults and it is a criminal offence to apply for this role if you are barred from working with children and/or vulnerable adults. Given the nature of the role, employment is conditional upon a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check which will include a children's and/or adults' barred list check, and you will be required to provide the necessary identification documents at interview to enable the DBS check to be completed before you commence employment. These identification documents may be different to those required to confirm your right to work in the UK.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 25th April 2022