Job Title: Senior Welding Engineer / Welding Engineer
Location: Plymouth, Devon, GB, PL1 4SG
Compensation: £37,908 - £50,618 (DOE) + pension (up to 8% matched) + 25 days holiday
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43254
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for 2 Welding Engineers and 1 Senior Welding Engineer who will engage with the Department's main Welding Engineering activities listed below. In addition, we are looking for 1 Senior Welding Engineer (ECA) who will engage with the Engineering Critical Assessment activities listed below. For all of these roles we are looking for you to have a strong engineering background, either through a graduate training scheme, degree, or experience as a Welding Engineer. Utilising your knowledge and understanding of welding processes and techniques, you will be a proactive member of our team and further motivate others in a collaborative approach.
What will you be doing?
* Working in conjunction with Babcock's Weld Quality Management System (ISO3834-2) to ensure quality practises are abided by
* Involvement with the functional management of new welding procedures in the Department's workshops, including working closely with a skilled welder and the practical management of welding equipment
* Authoring of technical engineering reports/proposals for bespoke welding techniques utilising materials knowledge
We are currently developing the application of Engineering Critical Assessment (ECA) and are able to offer this role as a remote worker. You would be required on-site once every few months. The role of Senior Welding Engineer (ECA) is required to supports the following activities by:
* Using CrackWise software to conduct ECA analysis
* Facilitating fracture testing for the purpose of ECA
* Authoring ECA reports to provide technical justification to support production activities
* Acting as a focal point to deliver ongoing welding development projects
The experience you'll bring
* Minimum requirement for an Engineer role is holding a National Skill Framework Level 5 but we are interested in all applicants with a Level 5 and above as long as it is in a relevant engineering discipline. E.g. foundation degrees, diplomas, HND, BEng/BSc, MEng/MSc.
* A Senior role requires a minimum qualification of a Level 6 but equivalent experience will also be considered.
* A demonstrative understanding of welding processes and techniques for Engineer roles
* Previous experience in Welding Engineering is required for Senior roles
* Experience of conducting Weld ECA's or piping system stress analysis for ECA Senior roles is desirable
You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
You must be a British National and be capable of holding NNPI, PSA and Atomic security clearances.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 04/05/2022