Job Title: Hunter Project Mine Warfare Instructor
Location: Collingwood, Fareham, Hampshire, PO14 1AS. Could be occasionally travelling to across the UK and France.
Compensation: £33,000 + Benefits and working away allowance
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43073
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as a Hunter Project Mine Warfare Instructor. You will be responsible for the design, development and delivery of mine warfare training on Sandown-class Minehunters as part of our Hunter Project to the Royal Saudi Naval Forces (RSNF) students in a classroom size of 8-16. You will be reporting into the Weapons Engineering Course Manager with some supervisory responsibilities for diver training instructors' area of the Project.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who is receptive to change and has a flexible approach to work. You will need to be committed to continuous professional development (CPD), with good organisation and communication skills. You will need to have the ability to demonstrate effective planning, teaching and coaching in a learning environment.
What will you be doing?
As a Hunter Project Mine Warfare Instructor you will
* Design, develop and prepare MW trade specific and general training modules for RSNF training
* Prepare ISPECs and lesson plans on MW and general related SRMH equipment and instruct where required
* To design and develop student hand-out notes to accompany the MW training syllabus where required
* Prepare and deliver new joiners briefs for each batch of new RSNF students on joining the project for training
* Accompany students during their induction and cultural acclimatisation training providing mentoring, instruction, administrative support and direction as where required
* Provide daily course management and mentoring to all diving courses within the Hunter Training Project
The experience you'll bring
* MS Office literate to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Experienced in instructional techniques to Level 3 or above essential
* Experienced in foreign navies training desirable
* Must have technical appreciation of naval training and the naval training environment
* Experience in Sandown single role mine hunters/Al Jawf Class essential
* Have a working knowledge of MTSS, its sub systems and associated software programmes desirable
* Full UK Driving License
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* Share ownership scheme
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 26th April 2022