Job Title: Strategic Projects Engineer- Process
Location: Rosyth, Fife, GB, KY11 2YD
Compensation: Competitive plus package
Role Type: Full time Permanent
Job ID: SF42793
Reporting to the Chief Process Engineer (as NPD Lead), as the Strategic Projects Engineer you will work within the New Product Development Team to develop and deliver commercially viable projects, in line with the company's growth strategy. Governance will be provided from Programme Managers, Contracts Manager, Business Development, Commercial and Technical and Managing Directors
Here at Babcock International Group in Rosyth we aim to deliver engineering-led and world-leading products and services across our Engineering, Specialised Manufacturing, Gas Handling Systems and Naval Marine business streams.
Who we are looking for?
In this role you will take the ownership of all NPD programme tasks, supporting Project/Programme priorities and performance as coordinated by the NPD Lead, Programme Manager and LGE Leadership Team.
You will demonstrate application of the New Product Development (NPD) Process; deliver customer focus and consideration of end-end value in the product / service solution design, promoting business level success and first class commercial performance.
What will you be doing?
* Develop, maintain and own accurate PFDs and P&IDs
* Undertake calculations for heat & mass balances, sizing of process lines, control valves, relief systems, in line equipment, utility demands etc.
* Carry out do/check/approve responsibilities as appropriate to Project/Programme deliverables, and in accordance with the Engineering Design Governance policy and business Quality Management System.
* Work collaboratively with CI&E and Systems Engineers to define process control philosophy and plant logic requirements early in the design phase
* Developing or competent working knowledge (appropriate to role) of HYSYS, Aspen Heat Exchanger, PPDS and AFT Fathom software
The experience you'll bring
* Competent and effective use of applicable computational analysis and/or CAD tools to support design outputs
* Demonstrate in depth knowledge of functional disciplines, roles and responsibilities and resources and capabilities
* Demonstrate focus on business sustainability and resilience through the implementation of standards, processes and procedures; update mapping of inputs and outputs between all stakeholders and prepare and maintain 'How-To's to document working practice
* Standards/design code understanding and awareness: IGC Code, relevant Marine Classification Society rules, API and manufacturer standards for sizing of relief valves, SIGTTO, IMO guidance
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.